Friday, March 09, 2007

R.I.P. JdJive



The administrators of JdJive, have shut down the site and are selling the JdJive.com domain name on eBay. Although it contained countless trolls, the only forum for "the rest of us" has now gone the way of the dodo. Often offensive, often revolting, it was the only place where, hidden in the trolling, attorneys who did not graduate from top schools could get realistic advice.

My law school published statistics that said that 97% of us would be employed six months after graduation and that attorneys in the private sector would be making over $90,000. This turned out to be a fabrication. Well, it was a huge stretch from the truth. Around 50% of us were temping six months after graduation, often in short term projects, some as short as two weeks. JdJive was the only place with realistic statistics.

I don't know how I feel about JdJive's demise. Although I found a lot of the posts distasteful, it was the only place where a person could get the cold hard truth about employment prospects and insiders' views on law schools and law firms.

Now I don't know how I feel about xoxohth.

Tough call. I guess those framers of the Constitution were rock stars when they wrote the First Amendment.

I guess you don't know what you got 'til it's gone...

(Psst... A secret. I wrote the definition for JdJive on UrbanDictionary.)

3 comments:

No Hard Feelings said...

JDjive is now JDHive

Here's there link :http://s6.invisionfree.com/JDHive/

Anonymous said...

The new forum is at:

http://www.barxam.com

Check it out!!

Jdjinx said...

There is also www.jdjinx.com! You should check jdjinx too and then decide.