Monday, March 13, 2006

make your own damn sandwich



italian hero at nyc deli: $7.00

homemade prosciutto, fresh mozarella and tomato sandwich on whole grain bread: $2.00 per sandwich

don't be a twit. make your own sandwich. and this is $14.99 a pound prosciutto too. and fresh mozarella, not the shitty kind.

you only need 10 slices of prosciutto for a week's worth of sandwiches. that's $2.50 total.

$2.50 + $3.00 (fresh mozarella) + $3.00 + $1.50 (two tomatoes) = $10.

that's $10 a week for lunch. (my office provides sodas, water and gatorade.)

(yesterday i bought a bunch of TV dinners on sale for $2 each. this means that this week, i'll be eating for around $5 a day. consequently, it's time to go shopping for spring clothes! wheee!)

1 comment:

Joe said...

This works for me... most of the time. Before I do the equation that calculates "value added" with the addition of my oh-so-precious-and-"skilled" labor of 15 minutes @ a conservative rate of, oh $25-$30/hour. My personal swadeshi movement never seems to make it off the ground. But since I can get staff meals at the university cafeteria @ $3.50 each, I don't feel so bad... Huzzah to Spring Clothes Shopping.