Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lawsuit filed in California over eHarmony's discrimination against gays and lesbians



A lawsuit was filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court by a woman who claimed she was denied access to eHarmony's services because she was gay. She is also seeking class action certification.


I knew it was only a matter of time. Chemistry.com has been airing ads taking digs at eHarmony's heterosexuals-only policies.


I haven't read the complaint, but I suspect that it has been brought under the California Public Accomodations Law, although I haven't researched whether an internet business can be considered the same things as a brick and mortar business such as a restaurant. I don't wish to ring up Westlaw charges, so if anyone has any comments or theories, feel free to comment.



[crossposted]

No comments: