Wednesday, July 27, 2005

what happens when sleeping becomes impossible at night...



i don't know how i am going to make it to the meadowlands expo center in secaucus, new jersey tomorrow morning. i am so tired. today i fell asleep during the multistate. i didn't sleep very well last night, and around hour #5, i started dozing off. i was doing a property problem, where a parcel called "blackacre" was conveyed. it's always called "blackacre." now, by this point, the words seemed to stop being in english. the morning session i thought was relatively tame. but suddenly, halfway through the afternoon session, my blood sugar fell and things around me started getting fuzzy, warm and dreamy. anyway, when i read blackacre, the theme song to "green acres" started running through my head. i don't think i've even watched an episode in my life. and i only know the first two lines.

i decided to look up the lyrics. and heh, how funny...

Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.

for the record, i'm moving in with my girlfriend in new jersey this saturday. no, not hoboken or jersey city... further west. like NEW JERSEY, not fake new york.

anyway, i was in la la land for around five minutes, when i willed myself awake and spent the next five minutes stabbing my hand with my pen and splashing cold water on my face. i ended up finishing anyway. the pmbr questions i had been doing were three times as long, so it prepared me to take a five minute nap in the middle of the multistate.

however, i would suggest *not* doing that if you're taking the bar. bring plenty of red bull / candy. i only had enough for the morning.

i have to be at port authority at 6:30 tomorrow morning. there will be approximately 300 of us trying to board a bus, so i have to be there early. HAHAHA!!! make it end!!!

No comments: