Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Why Does KBR Hate America?



"You're just a Reservist ..."

from a view from a broad:

I noticed a couple people pointed me at some posts that actually used me as a source---and drew some of the wrong conclusions. In no particular order, here are the corrections:

The soldiers here as far as I know, never hooked up an internet cafĂ© using KBR’s signal. There were some soldiers here who got extended abruptly, came here to rescue us, and got sent somewhere else. Some of them died. The KBR guy who told me I was ‘just a Reservist’ also talked gleefully about how KBR would soon cut off the internet access that some KBR people are surreptitiously providing some soldiers. Some of the KBR guys are nice, but it frankly confuses me. If there were no internet access at all here, there would simply be no issue. None. But everyone here has it except for the soldiers. We have Army access, which is ridiculously slow and blocks all civilian email sites---because of viruses, is the excuse.

more ...

No comments: