Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Blow Me



dear temp agency:

i have been sending my time cards out weekly. i don't know why they don't show up on time. this entire fiasco wouldn't have happened if you'd explicitly stated from the beginning you wanted me to do it weekly. your representative said it was fine to do it bi-weekly.

then i get a snotty message this summer instructing me to send my cards on a weekly basis. i then comply with this request and suddenly i do not get paid for three weeks out of the last six. i sent the fucking hours every week as requested! what is the big fucking deal?

other temp agencies have joined the rest of us in the 21st century and allow people to fax their hours. no need to wait around for the one piddly card you dole out each week in the paycheck envelope. i was right diddly on the clock every week since the beginning of september. so, the moment i stick to your dumbass plan, i start noticing that i'm not getting paid regularly for my miserly eight hours a week job.

this is not my goddamned fault. then when that one piddly card doesn't arrive at the beginning of the week, i have to twiddle my thumbs waiting for you to send some more, along with a snotty note chiding me for my irresponsible ways. if i'd had the damned thing, i'd have sent it. what pisses me off is that you automatically blame me when cards arrive in your office two weeks after i dropped them in the mail.

snail mail is unreliable, and it's difficult to estimate how long good ole uncle sam will get around to delivering our shit. this is why other agencies are using this new-fangled invention, the fax machine. what's great about it is that you can photocopy your fricking time form, so you never run out!

you assholes are earning a shitload of money off my fucking back, and you don't even offer halfway decent health insurance or other benefits to full-time employees. you should be kissing *my* goddamned ass for paying *your* rent, buying *your* groceries, and paying *your* salary. in essence, you are taking a cut out of *my* paycheck for doing nothing more than telling me somebody was hiring for a no benefits contract job and getting me an interview. this is not a charitable exchange assholes. i'm paying *you*.

sincerely,
emily1

No comments: